St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Provides direct behavioral health patient care.
• Assists patients with performing activities of daily living.
• Provides or assists with providing direct patient care, diagnostic procedures
and therapeutic interventions.
• Observes and records patient behavior and activities. Reports any changes in
condition and suggests modifications to the treatment plan.
• Establishes a therapeutic relationship with assigned patients.
• Reviews assignment with supervising RN, seeking clarification when unsure of
• Maintains open communication with teammates regarding progress on
completion of assignment.
• Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to
behavioral health patients in a timely and individualized manner.
• Provides for patient comfort by performing tasks/services that optimize patient
• Provides for patient safety in a manner that prevents patient injury.
• Contributes to efficient departmental operations in order to control costs and ensure productivity.
• Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Required Credential(s):
• One or more of the following:
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained
within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Associates Degree preferred.
• Behavioral Health experience and college courses in psychology preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.