Hartford HealthCare Medical Group Specialists
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is one of the largest medical practices in New England with multiple locations throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island. We consist of a team of professionals ranging from Medical Assistants to Physician Assistants and everything in between. Our physician led medical group enjoys an excellent reputation with patients and the medical community, offering primary care, urgent care and more than 30 different specialties.
• Organizes and coordinates the activities and flow of work for billing and collections functions.
• Oversees patient access activities including pre-registration, insurance verification, patient registration, patient check out, upfront collections, billing and medical records and provides general administrative assistance to the provider.
• Assists patients with meeting their financial obligations by providing education regarding co-pays, coinsurance, deductibles, and related matters. Functions as liaison between the business office and practice staff.
• Evaluates documentation to ensure that appropriate, accurate, and complete information is maintained and appropriate authorizations are obtained.
• Remains current on specific changes and requirements related to various insurance carriers.
• Oversees patent throughput and acts as liaison between providers and support staff.
• Ensure MSG's policies and procedures are adhered.
• Ensures that staffing is in place to meet the demands of the provider's work schedule.
• Implement workflow processes to improve the revenue cycle and patient throughput. Identifies recommends and implements practice needs: staffing, equipment and facilities.
• Other Duties as assigned
• Required: Minimum 5 years of medical office experience, 2 years of supervisory in a medical office.
• If a medical assistant must posses a medical assistant certification.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.