Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
11am-7pm Monday-Friday every 3rd Rotating Weekend
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Rushford Center, one of Connecticut’s leading providers of addiction and mental health services, is nationally recognized for delivering outstanding prevention, treatment and recovery programs. We offer a wide range of programs including Acute Care and Evaluation, Residential Addiction Treatment, Individual, Group & Family Therapy, Intensive Outpatient programs and Community Support Programs. Through the passion of our specialists, we continue to treat every patient with care, compassion and respect, while providing affordable and accessible services.
Provides quality, cost-effective residential care for patients and families in a target population across the continuum of care by assuring access, providing assessments, and coordinating clinical summary treatment plan determining level of care. Assumes a caseload and provides substance abuse counseling services
- Performs comprehensive psychosocial assessments and forms diagnostic impressions of clients.
- Develops an individualized treatment plan for each client.
- Anticipates problems and utilizes strategies to avert crises. Provides appropriate crisis intervention, when necessary.
- Presents case review to Treatment Team (clinician, psychologist, etc.), resulting in a multidisciplinary Treatment Plan as well as the identification of the employee’s need for additional supervision in areas such as use of advance motivational interviewing techniques, basic understanding of psychotropic meds, psychiatric disorders.
- Uses basic engagement skills such as motivational interviewing skills, outreach. Build therapeutic alliance with client.
- Establishes goals for individual, group and family counseling sessions, and conducts counseling sessions based on those goals. Involves family members, as appropriate, in the treatment process.
- Collaborates with clients to develop realistic discharge plans, connects client to self help/AA groups, dual recovery, and helps plan for the successful implementation by clients. Completes discharged client records.
- Utilizes community resources and makes appropriate referrals in support of the Treatment and Continuing Care Plans.
- Maintains up-to-date and accurate client records that reflect the client’s course of treatment and progress toward the goals in the Treatment Plan.
- Orients clients to their level of care, their client rights, Rushford rules and regulations, and expected outcomes.
- Supports quality improvement efforts, including a focus on incorporating new “best practices”, resources, and tools in the provision of integrated services for people with co-occurring disorders.
- Associate's Degree
- One or more years of experience providing direct services to substance abusers and their significant others.
- Certified Alcohol & Drug Counselor (CADC) or Certified Addition Counselor (CAC)
- Demonstrated experience using a computer; basic keyboarding skills.
As a Hartford HealthCare entity, Rushford provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits package consisting of:
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous paid time off with accrual starting on the date of hire, including six paid holidays
- Additional voluntary benefits as well as employee discount programs
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.