New Britain General
New Britain, CT
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hospital of Central Connecticut is an acute-care community teaching hospital, we provide comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services in general medicine and surgery, as well as a wide variety of specialties. Staffed by our talented team of leading professionals, The Hospital of Central Connecticut provides a wide array of services throughout the region, caring for patients from birth through the end of life.
Duties Under the immediate direction and supervision of a registered nurse, assists the nurse in implementing the plan of care by performing direct patient care duties in routine situations and performing technical tasks specified through credentialing. Incorporates the needs and behavior of the patients specific age group when providing care.
• HS Dipolma/GED
• Must be willing to achieve national hemodialysis patient care technician certification, within eighteen months of hire.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be available to orient full time on the day shift for at least two weeks.
• Certified as a hemodialysis patient care technician
• Previous hospital nurse assistant or emergency medical technician experience.
• Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.