Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is a Level 1 Trauma Center which provides cutting edge treatment to patients as one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals in New England. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
Since its inception in 2017, Hartford Health Care’s Bone & Joint Institute (BJI) offers an unparalleled network of coordinated services for patients with musculoskeletal disorders and orthpaedic injuries. As the first new stand-alone Orthopaedic Hospital, our Mission is to be acknowledged as the regional leader in patient-centered, innovative musculoskeletal care, providing cutting edge care to patients in Connecticut and surrounding states. We are seeking dedicated, passionate individuals who would like the opportunity to be part of a team with a patient-centered approach, which brings decades of experience in providing the most evidence based, innovative musculoskeletal & orthopedic care.
As a Certified Surgical Technologist at The Bone & Joint Institute, you shall find:
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to join a dynamic surgical team that delivers exceptional care to our patients. If you want to make an impact on saving lives with cutting edge technology and treatment modalities, this could be your next opportunity!
While maximizing patient safety, provide service and support before, during, and after surgical procedures. Ensures the presence and proper arrangement of surgical equipment and supplies in the operating room to each operation; assists the surgeon during the operation as allowed by professional and legal standards; and assists with cleaning operating room after the operation ensuring proper routing of equipment, and used material. Reports to BJI OR Manager.
• Completion of a Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Programs (CAAHEP) accredited Surgical Technology Program.
• Must be certified through the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTA) or able to obtain NBSTA certification within one year of employment.
• Maintenance of CPR, BLS validation and attendance of annual Validation Day required.
• Knowledge of various surgical procedures with the ability to anticipate the needs of the surgeon and to recognize the problems encountered by the surgeon.
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
• Strict adherence to policies and regulations regarding maintenance of sterile field required.
• Knowledge and practice of basic care and patient safety concepts.
• Application of the principles of asepsis in a manner that provides optimal patient care.
• Knowledge of OR emergency situations.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.