Description Job Schedule:
Per Diem Standard Hours:
1 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 25,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
- Assists with cardiovascular procedures to analyze, diagnose and treat the cardiovascular system.
- Prepares patients for procedures. Reviews medical history, positions patients and cleans/shaves/numbs testing sites as appropriate.
- Interprets, describes and reports test results; recognizes recording errors and artifacts and reacts appropriately.
- Monitors patient prior to, during and after procedures and promptly reports any abnormal findings in patient's condition.
- Prepares and maintains equipment, supplies and lab area.
- Functions as part of the cardiovascular lab team, assisting the cardiologist and team leader in the performance of routine cardiac diagnostic procedures and in minor surgical procedures.
- Provides accurate angiographic image identification, processes cine- angiographic images, and determines appropriate image quality control.
- Maintain certification, meets CEU requirements, and stays current on cardiovascular scope. Cross-training between Cath/EP labs may be required.
- Attends Cath interventional Meetings, Department/Staff meetings, and/or Ground Rounds in line with department/unit/organization standards and requirements.
- Maintains good rapport and cooperative relationships. Approaches conflict in a constructive manner. Helps to identify problems, offer solutions, and participate in the resolution.
- Assumes responsibility for performance of job duties in the safest possible manner, to assure personal safety and that of coworkers, and to report all preventable hazards and unsafe practices immediately to management.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Follows safe guidelines and limitations for receiving, transporting, and stocking of intravenous (IV) fluids as related to specified essential job duties. Ensures that intravenous (IV) fluids are kept safe and secure, have not been tampered with and are not expired. Intravenous (IV) fluid are defined as solutions containing 5 % dextrose, 0.9 % sodium chloride or combinations of these two solutions.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
One or more of the following:
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Cardiographic Tech credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Cardiographic Tech credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Radiologic Technologist credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Graduate of an accredited school Radiological Technology Certified by the American Registry of Radiological Technologies.
- 2 years’ experience in a cardiac catheterization laboratory.
- Ability to recognize normal and abnormal ECG rhythms, ischemia and infarction patterns.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.