Description Job Schedule:
Part Time Standard Hours:
24 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
24 hrs every other weekend,
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, that serves as a regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient environment.
Performs radiologic procedures according to the Department of Radiology’s philosophy, goals, policies and procedures. Perform diagnostic radiologic procedures as ordered. Follows department protocols as required. Obtain patient history, explain routine procedures and address patient concerns
- Operates or oversees operation of radiologic imaging equipment to produce images of the body for diagnostic purposes.
- Positions patients and imaging equipment; adjusting technical factors according to specification of examination. Operates radiology equipment to produce the most reliable and informational data
- Responsible for ensuring that accurate database of clinical and financial information is maintained in the Radiology Information System
- Transports patients to the radiologic procedure room. Explains procedures and observes patients to ensure safety and comfort during scan
- Reviews and evaluates computer generated information for technical quality.
- Administers contrast media as directed, including oral contrast agents and IV contrast media.
- Uses appropriate safety procedures for handling, storage and disposal of biohazardous, infectious, radioactive and toxic substances.
- Assists physicians as required
- Perform other related duties as required
• Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technology Program required
• Minimum 6 months experience in Radiology required
• ARRT Certification in Radiology required
• State of CT Radiographer License required
• CPR for Healthcare Provider preferred
• Working knowledge of computers, PACS, digital technology & RIS systems
• Knowledge of radiologic principles and practices sufficient to be able to perform a wide range of duties relative to work assignment
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment