New Britain General
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Serving our community since 1998, MidState Medical Center is a vibrant and progressive organization with a genuine concern for our patients, community, and employee’s alike. We’ve earned top honors for quality stroke care, gold level recognition for organ donation, and employing leaders in the field of cardiovascular and pulmonary rehabilitation, providing the highest quality level of care.
The Ambassador is an essential member of the hospital staff and will be focused on customer service from the moment patients and visitors walk through the hospital doors. Additionally, the Ambassador will provide facility information, handle COVID screening, and badging of visitors. They will serve as a point person for various departments and offices within the hospital assisting with coordinating the workflow for patients and guests while also assuring their operational needs are met.
• Greet and guide patients, caregivers, and visitors in the hospital throughout the day and during evening events.
• Act as a resource for the departments in the hospital assisting in coordinating the workflow for the patients, vendors and staff
• Work with the other Patient Ambassadors and Volunteer team to create workflow and improve processes
• Orient and act as a resource for volunteers at the information desk
• Act as an advocate and liaison for patients and visitors at the time of arrival by greeting guests in a prompt, caring and courteous manner
• Properly badge all patients and visitors coming into the facility using EVisitor Badging software
• Screen hospital visitors for COVID restrictions
• Ensure hospital visitation hours and policies are followed for all who enter building
• Respond to and assist in resolving customer service issues in real time
• Maintain oversight of lobby occupants and assist in coordination of transportation if necessary
• Provide directions or escort guests to requested areas of the hospital
• Works staff throughout the building to improve processes and communicate requisite information
Qualifications - External
• High school diploma or equivalent - Associate’s Degree preferred
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Excellent communication skills, bilingual preferred
• Ability to problem solve in real time
• Physical ability to push visitor or patient around facility in wheelchair
• Ability to stand for long periods
• A minimum of three (3) or more years in a customer service related position required, healthcare preferred
• Experience with Microsoft Office, EPIC strongly preferred