Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
Assists in implementing and maintaining quality and research protocols for the Bone & Joint Institute. Helps ensure programs and services are implemented at the highest standards and patients receive the highest level of care. Helps ensure policies and quality protocols are monitored and updated as needed. Collects and enters data on quality and research protocols and generates reports and queries for the institute .to provide key statistics ensuring quality/research metrics are met. Reports to the Manager of Research and Quality for the Bone & Joint Institute.
• Assists in the implementation of protocols, consent forms, progress reports and queries for patient satisfaction, outcomes measures, and research.
• Obtains consent from patients for inclusion in registries and databases concerning outcomes measures and research.
• Assists in data collection, provides data entry, and creates queries/reports concerning quality assurance and research projects.
• Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge of patient registries and project databases in order to implement and maintain the registry/databases to meet the ongoing needs of the Institute.
• Helps implement quality improvement protocols for the Institute.
• Contributes to the effective utilization of quality resources, and research assets. May contribute to sections of articles for research publications.
• Works effectively as a team member within the institute and with patients to provide quality service through communication, cooperation, and collaboration.
• Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate discipline.
• Demonstrated clinical competence with patient related measurements and quality improvement metrics.
• Demonstrated high degree of accuracy with respect to documentation and data collection/entry.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently with attention to detail yet use good judgment in seeking advice when necessary.
• Ability to use time efficiently.
• Excellent organization and problem solving.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.