St. Vincent's Special Needs Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
Job Summary: Provides special education to students with significant developmental needs.
• Recommends individual goals and objectives that reflect each student’s abilities, needs and interests.
• Develops and implements schedules and lesson plans that focus on student learning.
• Administers and interprets formal and informal students assessments including maintenance, review and interpretation of data on student progress.
• Serves as a member of an instructuctional team and is responsible for ensuring that services are individualized, high quality, effective and consistent with current best professional practices.
• Interacts with students in a respectful, encouraging and supportive manner while providing appropriate educational services.
• Provides support and supervision to assigned education assistants and instructional aides.
• Communicates with parents/guardians of students in assigned class.
• Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Certified Teacher specializing in Special Education credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Education obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Education: BA/BS Degree required.
Work Experience: 2 years experience in special education preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.