New Britain General
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Join us at The Hartford Healthcare Cancer Institute as we live our values every day. As part of Hartford HealthCare we create a better future for healthcare in Connecticut and beyond. By embodying these values we have become nationally respected for patient care and most trusted for personalized coordinated care. Come be part of something special!
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute (HHC CI) is a certified member of the Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) Cancer Alliance. Through the bi-directional collaboration facilitated by this partnership, community providers are better positioned to provide state-of-the-art, evidence-based cancer care to improve the lives of cancer patients. Together, the Hartford Healthcare Cancer Institute and Memorial Sloan Kettering are staying ahead of cancer.
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute focuses on offering our cancer patients an unparalleled network of coordinated services– all under one roof. Our system of care includes a truly integrated team with the most talented, experienced, and compassionate caregivers and physicians, backed by the latest cutting-edge technology.
The Medical Assistant in the Medical Oncology office and infusion/treatment area is responsible for assuring patients are processed and ready to be seen by the provider as well as providing direct patient care under the guidance of the RNs during treatment appointments. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Engaging with patients throughout all visits to the office and treatment area, providing a personable and excellent experience for our patients.
• Escorting patients to exam rooms and preparing them for the physician visit and for performing various preliminary portions of visit such as vital signs, weight and specimen collections (phlebotomy).
• Assists in maintaining an accurate and up-to-date electronic medical record
• Performs laboratory clerical functions accurately and efficiently for compliance with regulatory agencies.
• Partners with all members of the care team: providers, nurses, administrative support staff.
• Engages in all quality improvement, patient experience and patient safety activities within the department and the Cancer Institute.
• Performs laboratory specimen preparation and processing
• High School Diploma
• Knowledge of medical oncology office practice and infusion strongly preferred
• Previous EKG and Phlebotomy experience required
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.