Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals as well as a Level I trauma center. Hartford Hospital is on the cutting edge of technology & medical care and is home to the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. Housing the Northeast’s largest robotic surgery center, committed to becoming the best in the country for patient safety and is pursuing that goal by taking innovative action and creating a culture of safety at every level within the organization.
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, the Patient Care Associate performs delegated functions as a member of a patient care team to provide a variety of services. These activities contribute to meeting the health care, safety and comfort needs of patients, and are performed in accordance with all existing regulatory and hospital standards, policies and procedures. Reports to Unit Manager.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent
- Must possess effective communication skills
- Must demonstrate ability to read, write and speak English, and perform basic mathematics
- Must acquire CPR validation within 3 months of hire
- Must display physical effort as specified by Position Physical Requirements and Occupational Exposure form
-Specific certification as designated by work area may be required
- Certification as nursing assistant (CNA)
- Matriculation in a nursing program
- Completion of education in a related health field (i.e. medical assistant program, EMT certification, etc.)
- Previous patient care experience; specific experience as designated by work area maybe required
- Demonstrated competencies in a related field at Hartford Hospital.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.