St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center is a 473-bed Magnet recognized community teaching hospital committed to continuing Christ’s healing ministry through its service to the greater Bridgeport, CT community. Our Medical Oncology Unit is a 20 bed unit committed to providing the highest level of care for patients with various diagnoses. We specialize in oncological care and administer both chemotherapy and immunotherapy. Our patients on this unit are supported by our caring team of Registered Nurses, Techs, Providers and support staff. We believe that an energetic, passionate team of dedicated professionals is necessary to provide the personalized, compassionate care to our patients.
• Assists with basic patient care activities.
• Assists with procedures ordered by physician and supervised by a Registered Nurse (RN).
• Assists patients with tending to personal care, activities of daily living and transfers/transport.
• Reports findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
• Assists with keeping patient rooms clean and orderly.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to population specific facilitating timely and individualized care of assigned patients
• Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to appropriate patient population.
• Adheres to organizational safety practices and standards
• Other Duties as assigned
• Follows safe guidelines and limitations for receiving, transporting, and stocking of intravenous (IV) fluids as related to specified essential job duties. Ensures that intravenous (IV) fluids are kept safe and secure, have not been tampered with and are not expired. Intravenous(IV) fluids are defined as solutions containing 5 % dextrose, 0.9 % sodium chloride or combinations of these two solutions.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Required Credential(s):
• Certified Nurse Aide credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• One or more of the following:
• Certified Heart Saver AED credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Certified Heart Saver AED credentialed from the American Red Cross
obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• High school diploma or equivalent; Graduate of an accredited nursing assistant program.
• One year acute care preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.