Description Job Schedule:
Per Diem Standard Hours:
1 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Per Diem as needed
Work where every moment
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals in New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
The Pharmacy Department at Hartford Hospital utilizes a decentralized model with pharmacists embedded on medical teams to advice on optimal drug therapy. We also have an American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) accredited Pharmacy Residency program, an active Oncology infusion service, and a Retail/Specialty outpatient pharmacy.
The Sterile Products Pharmacy Technicians assist Pharmacists in the preparation of non-hazardous and hazardous (oncology) sterile medications.
• Assists in the preparation and distribution of medications throughout the hospital which includes in-patient unit dose dispensing and out-patient dispensing.
• Performs computer activities to maintain patient profiles, entry of charges and credits and generation of unit dose fill lists.
• Restocks crash cart medications, including documentation and follow through.
• Fills emergency boxes and stat boxes, including documentation, expiration date checking and follow through.
• Insures all medications are packaged with a bar code compatible with existing Pharmacy bar code technology
• Prepackages tablets, capsules and other dosage forms for in-patient and out-patient dispensing.
• Positively interacts with patients and other hospital guests to enhance the quality of case/service provided.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
•Prior experience in a sterile compounding environment is strongly preferred. Education:
•High School Diploma required or equivalent.
• Completion of Pharmacy Technician program in preferred. Licenses/Certifications:
• Current National Pharmacy Technician Certification is strongly preferred.
• Pharmacy registration with Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection within 30 days of hire and by March 31st of each year.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment