Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
where every moment
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Rushford Center, one of Connecticut’s leading providers of addiction and mental health services, is nationally recognized for delivering outstanding prevention, treatment and recovery programs. We offer a wide range of programs including Acute Care and Evaluation, Residential Addiction Treatment, Individual, Group & Family Therapy, Intensive Outpatient programs and Community Support Programs. Through the passion of our specialists, we continue to treat every patient with care, compassion and respect, while providing affordable and accessible services
Located alongside the Connecticut River in Middletown, Conn., Rushford's 42-bed residential treatment center offers flexible stay, gender-specific residential programs in a private setting that incorporate individual counseling, group therapy, family involvement and regular in-house and off-premises 12-step meetings.
Our residential treatment program provides a safe environment that is drug- and alcohol-free as well as around-the-clock support and assistance from health professionals who have been trained to interact and deal with persons suffering from addictions. Patients are protected from the outside world and the use and abuse illicit drugs as well as alcoholic beverages. Clients receive individualized treatment plans, continuing care updates and discharge plans.
Clinician's at Rushford provide quality, cost-effective inpatient/outpatient care for patients and families in a target population across the continuum of care by assuring access, providing assessments and coordinating clinical summary treatment plan determining level of care. Assumes a caseload and provides mental health and/or substance abuse counseling services.
1. Assesses and plans patient care by evaluating the psychiatric and psychosocial needs of the patient; organizes and prioritizes care and treatment and advocates appropriate resources for the patient and family.
2. Provides direct patient care using individual, couple, group and family therapy specific to each patient’s needs, including those needs that are age specific.
3. Provides direct crisis intervention to patient and families in multiple sites in the system and in the community.
4. Negotiates level of care and length of stay with managed care companies; continually re-evaluates patient’s needs and informs the third party payers of ongoing changes in the patient’s status.
5. Provides continuous education to patient and family members and refers them to appropriate levels of care, to support groups and to other available resources in order to maximize care and facilitate recovery or treatment process.
6. Works collaboratively as a team member along the continuum of care to provide an integrated delivery of healthcare to all patients and families.
7. Participates in administrative activities including staff supervision and staff education as designed by the Program Manager and assumes responsibility for self-improvement by identifying, communicating and seeking resources to meet own learning needs.
8. Prepares appropriate medical documentation to meet regulatory requirements of licensing and third party agencies.
9. Ability to work effectively across programs for clients with mental illness, substance abuse, and co-occurring disorders.
10. Flexible schedule – to include days, evenings, and weekends.
11. Where applicable, implement the clinical goals and objectives on student IEPs.
Master's Degree without certification.
Minimum of one years- experience providing direct services to substance abusers and their significant others.
Demonstrated experience using a computer; basic keyboarding skills.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.