Hartford HealthCare at Home
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network as an Occupational Therapist.
Hartford HealthCare at Home, the largest provider of homecare services in Connecticut, has been fulfilling our mission for more than 115 years. Our Person-Centered Care Model allows our employees to learn and grow within our organization, all while providing integrated support to the patient. As part of Hartford HealthCare, we leverage cutting edge technology to provide quality care in our client’s home. Most importantly, our employees are appreciated for the real differences they make in both the lives of their clients and their clients’ families.
Responsible for evaluating patient's level of function and developing an appropriate Occupational Therapy care plan under the direction of M.D. Implements and coordinates patient care with other Agency personnel and community resources. Delegates appropriate patient care responsibilities to C.O.T.A. and Home Health Aides and supervises their performance. Responsible for accurate, timely, and proficient clinical and reimbursement documentation.
• Manages a patient caseload on a daily basis.
• Evaluates patient's level of function and develops appropriate care plan under the direction of a M.D. and in collaboration with the Hospice disciplinary team, when applicable.
• Implements plan of care to provide safe, efficient, quality care to patients on a daily basis.
• Implements plan of care for hospice patients with appropriate end-of-life goals, with an emphasis on patient safety and patient/caregiver education.
• Evaluates care plan on an on-going basis, revising as necessary, in accordance with patients' care needs.
• Coordinates patient care with other Agency personnel and community resources i.e. Community Health Nurse, Hospice Nurses, other therapists, social workers, Home Health Aide services, physicians, etc., in an appropriate and timely manner. Initiates and participates in case conferences and Hospice Interdisciplinary Team meeting as appropriate.
• Works in conjunction with C.O.T.A. daily and delegates patient care responsibility as appropriate. Communicates with C.O.T.A. daily and monitors and supervises patient care provided.
• Organizes and prioritizes caseload needs on a daily basis to ensure that patient care needs, and Agency productivity standards are met.
• Keeps Rehab Coordinator informed in a timely manner regarding weekly caseload and/or patient problems so that patient care and staffing needs are consistently met.
• Demonstrates an understanding of after hours procedures, and educates patients to on-call/after hours coverage.
• Responsible for clinical and reimbursement documentation to reflect Agency policy and procedure and the delivery of quality and safe Home Care.
• Prepares and keeps legible records current, on a daily basis, providing all written information regarding service record, visit and non-visit time, statistical sheets and reports to physicians and other personnel, according to expected timeframes.
• Develops written patient care goals and expected outcomes according to individualized patient care plans, accurately reflecting interventions, in collaboration with Health Care Team or Hospice Disciplinary Team on an on- going basis.
• Updates and submits written physician orders accurately, in a timely manner according to established timeframes.
• Collects and documents necessary financial and reimbursement information for each patient and provides verbal and written communication as required, to Agency personnel and other reimbursement sources.
• Obtains prior authorization for services when indicated by calling payers and requesting and/or providing verbal or written confirmation, in a timely manner within respective established timeframes.
• Completes and processes discharge record within 24 hours after last patient visit, and communicates promptly with other Agency personnel, in an appropriate fashion.
• Delegates Home Health Aide patient care responsibilities and supervises performance of Home Health Aid.
• Assesses and develops Home Health Aide guide sheets for each patient in an appropriate manner, revising as needed.
• Responsible for orientation, supervision and evaluation of Home Health Aide performance on an on-going basis, in an appropriate fashion.
• Teaches and demonstrates for the Home Health Aide with regard to specific patient care responsibilities i.e. exercises, adaptive devices, ADL's, etc. taking into account patient complexity and Home Health Aide ability.
• Teaches, demonstrates, orients, supervises and evaluates C.O.T.A., Home Health Aide, patient/family members, and other appropriate caregivers in the care of the patient.
• Instructs and supervises other health team personnel and patient and family members in the participation of patient's therapy regime.
• Identifies needs for modifying equipment, appliances and the physical surroundings of the patient's home and makes appropriate referrals to implement necessary modifications.
• Provides in-service education programs for Agency staff and orientation for new staff regarding Occupational Therapy services, case finding, etc.
• Accepts and performs additional duties, tasks, responsibilities, as assigned, to ensure the success of the Agency.
Education & Training:
Graduate of an accredited school with a Bachelor's of Science Degree in Occupational Therapy.
Current Connecticut license to practice Occupational Therapy.
Three (3) year's experience preferred.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of Occupational Therapy.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to effectively interact with patients, families, physicians, and co-workers.
• Ability to deal effectively with stress and ability to exercise independent judgment.
Valid motor vehicle operator license, reliable personal automobile during business hours, and active automobile insurance coverage in accordance with Agency policy.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.