Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals in New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
The Pharmacy Department at Hartford Hospital utilizes a decentralized model with pharmacists embedded on medical teams to advice on optimal drug therapy. We also have an American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) accredited Pharmacy Residency program, an active Oncology infusion service, and a Retail/Specialty outpatient pharmacy.
Pharmacy Technicians assist Pharmacists in the preparation, dispensing and distribution of sterile and non-sterile medication throughout the hospital.
• Assists in the preparation and distribution of medications throughout the hospital which includes in-patient unit dose dispensing and out-patient dispensing.
• Performs computer activities to maintain patient profiles, entry of charges and credits and generation of unit dose fill lists.
• Restocks crash cart medications, including documentation and follow through.
• Fills emergency boxes and stat boxes, including documentation, expiration date checking and follow through.
• Insures all medications are packaged with a bar code compatible with existing Pharmacy bar code technology
• Prepackages tablets, capsules and other dosage forms for in-patient and out-patient dispensing.
• Positively interacts with patients and other hospital guests to enhance the quality of case/service provided.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma required or equivalent.
• Associates Degree in Pharmacy Technician program in preferred.
• Current Pharmacy Technician Certification is strongly preferred
• Pharmacy registration with Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection within 30 days of hire and by March 31st of each year.
• At least one year of hospital pharmacy experience is strongly preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.