St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Works in a customer service capacity providing administrative and clerical support to patients and customers in an outpatient clinic and/or medical office setting.
• Greets patients and visitors, checks patients in and out, and obtains necessary documentation. Verifies and enters demographic information.
• Obtains and verifies insurance authorizations/precertification. Completes medical record release requests and schedules/confirms patient appointments.
• Enters, reviews and submits charges for patient procedures and services daily. Collects co-payments and reconciles all daily reports and deposits for accuracy.
• Provides general office and clerical support to assigned out-patient/medical office.
• Performs patient registration and processing any additional clerical duties in by creating an atmosphere of caring and concern in the daily encounters with patients, families, physicians and staff.
• Responsible for obtaining and maintaining medical records, registering patients, verifying eligibility, entering charges and collecting co-pays.
• Obtains complete and accurate demographic and insurance information on patients. Enters information into the computer system.
• Other Duties as assigned
• One year of working in a medical setting required.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.