Hartford HealthCare Medical Group Specialists
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is one of the largest medical practices in New England with multiple locations throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island. We consist of a team of professionals ranging from Medical Assistants to Physician Assistants and everything in between. Our physician led medical group enjoys an excellent reputation with patients and the medical community, offering primary care, urgent care and more than 30 different specialties.
• Provides direct diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive health care services
under the supervision of a physician.
• Obtains patient history and performs assessment. Orders, performs and
interprets diagnostic procedures.
• Provides and documents direct treatment and management of health
• Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers
concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
• Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and
• Communicates and coordinates care between case team members, patients
• Conducts emergency procedures within scope of training.
• Actively participate in current and future department initiatives.
• Provide quality and compassionate care within ethical/Religious directives.
• Comply with Medical Records documentation standards.
• Respond to consultation and evaluation requests from other service lines in a
timely manner. Address orders in a timely manner.
• Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Required Credential(s):
• Licensed Drug Enforcement Admin credentialed from the Drug Enforcement
Administration obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• Licensed Physician Assistant credentialed from the National Commission on
Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) obtained prior to hire date or job
• One or more of the following:
• Certified Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Red Cross
obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.BLS or
ACLS is acceptable
• Certified Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart
Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job
transfer date.BLS or ACLS is acceptable
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained
within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.ACLS or BLS
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.ACLS
or BLS acceptable.
• Masters in PA
• 2 years preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.