Charlotte Hungerford Hospital
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Rehabilitation Network is the premier rehabilitation provider in Connecticut. We provide rehabilitation services across the continuum - acute care hospitals, long term care facilities, sub-acute rehabilitation, homecare, outpatient centers, and in community settings such as senior centers, work sites, and schools and colleges. We offer over 30 outpatient locations with a variety of specialists, including oncology, women’s health, sports medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech language, we are known for our commitment to high quality, customer focused outcomes.
We’re seeking a talented and caring Physical Therapist (PT) for our inpatient and outpatient team at Charlotte Hungerford Hospital. This is a great opportunity to work with a diverse patient population with a wonderful team atmosphere with experienced clinicians.
Under the direction of the Area Manager of Rehabilitation Services, the Physical Therapist (PT) evaluates, plans, and administers medically prescribed Physical Therapy treatments to patients.
- Performs a comprehensive physical, psychosocial, and safety assessment of assigned patients as evidenced by clinical documentation.
- Develops a Plan of Care to promote optimum function and safety as documented in the clinical record.
- Plans for and provides skilled physical therapy treatment, reassessing the patient’s status on each visit and ensuring quality of care as documented in the clinical record.
- Coordinates patient care with other clinical team members ensuring optimal patient care and communication as noted in the clinical record.
- Maintains and enhances personal knowledge as well as promoting professional standards in physical therapy.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.
- Displays and upholds CHH core values of dignity, compassion, service excellence, community and integrity. Consistently demonstrates caring for patients, for one another, and for the organization they are part of, and contributes to building trust, pride and camaraderie.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
Attends all mandatory education programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety and regulatory compliance. Attends all required department-specific education and training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to department safety and specific job‑related hazards. Follows the hospital exposure control plans/blood borne and airborne pathogens. Attire is professional, neat, clean, and appropriate for the work environment. Scrubs are required for IP work. Wears proper identification while on duty. Maintains confidentiality of all hospital and patient information at all times, as observed by peers and management. Reports to work on time and meets acceptable standard for attendance.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment