Hartford HealthCare Rehabilitation Network
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Rehabilitation Network is the premier rehabilitation provider in Connecticut. We provide rehabilitation services across the continuum - acute care hospitals, long term care facilities, sub-acute rehabilitation, homecare, outpatient centers, and in community settings such as senior centers, work sites, and schools and colleges. We offer over 30 outpatient locations with a variety of specialists, including oncology, women’s health, sports medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech language, we are known for our commitment to high quality, customer focused outcomes.
Bone and Joint Institute – Hartford Hospital
Don’t miss the opportunity to be part of the state of the art Bone and Joint Institute at Hartford Hospital. The first stand-alone Orthopedic Hospital in the Northeast in over 50 years! Our Mission is to be acknowledged as the regional leader in patient-centered, innovative musculoskeletal care, providing cutting edge care to patients in Connecticut and surrounding states. We are seeking dedicated, passionate individuals who would like the opportunity to be part of a team with a patient-centered approach, which brings decades of experience in providing the most innovative musculoskeletal & orthopedic care. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, as well as a stimulating work environment that inspires excellence.
The Fitness Specialist develops, coordinates and teaches fitness/exercise programs and events established for the customers and the community. Serves as a personal trainer by assessing and establishing individualized training programs for customers. Reports to the Fitness Center Manager.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Bachelor of Science in one of the following areas preferred: Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, Athletic Training, Recreation and Leisure, Kinesiology, Recreation Management, Health Promotion, Movement and Sport Studies, Health Administration or Sports Management.
• Previous related experience preferred.
• Required Certifications: Standard First Aid, CPR - for the professional rescuer and personal training certification from one of the following organizations: ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine), NSCA (National Strength and Conditioning Association), AFAA (Aerobic Fitness Association of America), ACE (American Council of Exercise), NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine) or NATA (National Athletic Training Association).
• Recommended Certifications in one or more of the following: Aerobics, Step Aerobics, Water Aerobics, Kick Boxing, Senior Fitness Instructor, Theraball, Pilates, Yoga, Tai Chi, Self Defense, Water Safety Instructor (WSI) or any other type of exercise.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
• Demonstrated internships with accumulated hours and previous experience in fitness/exercise programs required.
Physical requirements for the Fitness Specialist position:
• Push and/or lift up to 75# (dumbbells)
• Lead exercise classes including: physioball training, ab training, free weights (3-10#), plyometric training, speed training, aerobics, balance training, etc.
• Personal Training of members - spotting of free weights
• Vacuum and mop floors PRN
• Clean Exercise Equipment
• Proper mechanics for lifting
• Move cardiovascular exercise equipment when cleaning floors
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.