Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals as well as a Level I trauma center. Hartford Hospital is on the cutting edge of technology & medical care and is home to the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. Housing the Northeast’s largest robotic surgery center, committed to becoming the best in the country for patient safety and is pursuing that goal by taking innovative action and creating a culture of safety at every level within the organization.
Our Nurses work in collaborative environments with strong interdisciplinary teams, focused on a patient centered care model in a richly diverse work space. Under the direction and general supervision of the Nurse Manager, the registered nurse utilizes evidence based practices in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act, policies and procedures of the hospital and as directed by the medical staff. The registered nurse who through knowledge and ability uses the nursing process to develop a plan of care which includes standards of practice to meet the physical, emotional spiritual, cultural and educational needs of the patient and family.
The Cardiac Rehabilitation Nurse will have expertise in the cardiovascular specialty areas. Their role will integrate the components of clinician, teacher, consultant and researcher into direct patient care.
• Completes Initial Assessment for patients referred to the outpatient cardiac
• Identifies indications for participation, contraindications
for participation and specific monitoring needs and risk factor modification
goals for each patient.
• Completes patient education/counseling and documents treatment plan, including measureable goals, tailored to the individualized goals/needs of each patient referred to the program.
• Evaluates, monitors and documents multiple patients response to exercise therapy prior to, during and after exercise therapy. This ongoing assessment includes blood pressure, heart rate, rate of perceived exertion, telemetry/EKG, and may also include oxygen saturation, daily weight, blood sugar and ventricular assist devices
• Reports any significant participant acute conditions (e.g: dysrhythmias, blood pressure, angina symptoms, weight gain) to the supervising physician immediately. Reports ongoing, abnormal trends to physician/provider as needed (ex: elevated blood pressure; abnormally low blood pressure, episodes of hypo/hyperglycemia) via event report.
• Initiates ACLS measures and/or emergency care according to hospital policy.
• Completes tasks related to patient recruitment, insurance pre-certification, registration, and records management (Scott Care, Epic) as needed.
• Keeps current in the field of cardiac rehabilitation through journals, in-services, mock codes, conferences and staff meetings
Current Connecticut State License
• Current BLS/ACLS
• BSN required; MSN preferred
• Previous Cardiac Rehab experience preferred with knowledge of exercise therapy
• Previous experience in a cardiovascular clinical area e.g.: Coronary Care, Cardiac Rehab, Congestive Heart Failure-Two years of recent and relevant experience
• Meets the skills criteria for Cardiac Rehab Nurse Competencies.
• Capable of meeting the physical and emotional demands of the position
• Desire to work within a comprehensive health care team
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.