Hartford HealthCare Medical Group Specialists
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is one of the largest medical practices in New England with multiple locations throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island. We consist of a team of professionals ranging from Medical Assistants to Physician Assistants and everything in between. Our physician led medical group enjoys an excellent reputation with patients and the medical community, offering primary care, urgent care and more than 30 different specialties.
• Works in a customer service capacity providing administrative and clerical support to patients and customers in an outpatient clinic and/or medical office setting.
• Greets patients and visitors, checks patients in and out, and obtains necessary documentation. Verifies and enters demographic information.
• Obtains and verifies insurance authorizations/precertification. Completes medical record release requests and schedules/confirms patient appointments.
• Enters, reviews and submits charges for patient procedures and services daily. Collects co-payments and reconciles all daily reports and deposits for accuracy.
• Provides general office and clerical support to assigned out-patient/medical office.
• Understanding of different insurance carriers and plans. Obtains financial and communicates financial obligation to patients.
• Accurate data entry skills and proficiency with PC.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Manage claims holding due to coding or registration errors.
• Other Duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Relevant experience in a fast-paced medical office highly preferred.
• Epic experience preferred.
• Excellent verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate in other languages highly desirable.
• Strong computer skills. Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
• Basic working knowledge of medical terminology.
• Ability to travel independently to satellite offices with or without advanced notice.
• Strong working knowledge of insurance requirements.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.