Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
• Provides animal husbandry support by performing tasks that contribute to successful study operation.
• Animal care duties may include: receive and transport laboratory animals, provide food and water including special diets, groom, exercise, enrich environment, clean and sanitize caging and equipment, monitor physical environment of animal rooms, maintain feed, bedding, equipment and procedure room areas.
• Duties may also include: animal preparation, test article preparation, drug administration, perform routine maintenance and quality control checks in alignment with facility operating standards. Maintain all required records/forms/logs in a complete and accurate manner as required by the function of the work area.
• Set up animal and sample processing rooms as needed.
• Under supervision performs tissue collection and sample processing.
• Contributes to the effective utilization of project resources
• Maintains flexibility required to adapt to laboratory needs as related to testing and scheduling.
• Works effectively as a team member to provide quality service through communication, cooperation and collaboration.
• Ability to prioritize tasks keeping track of duties for multiple studies on any given day.
• Work is performed in accordance with good laboratory practices, facility standard operating procedures, study protocols, and the institutional animal care and use committee. Animal care is performed in accordance with the USDA and State of Connecticut regulations and the Guide for the Care and Use of Animals.
Qualifications• High school graduate: math/science concentration.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.