Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Rushford Center, one of Connecticut’s leading providers of addiction and mental health services, is nationally recognized for delivering outstanding prevention, treatment and recovery programs. We offer a wide range of programs including Acute Care and Evaluation, Residential Addiction Treatment, Individual, Group & Family Therapy, Intensive Outpatient programs and Community Support Programs. Through the passion of our specialists, we continue to treat every patient with care, compassion and respect, while providing affordable and accessible services.
The Admissions Specialist gives support to the Director of Admissions by fulfilling all admission related tasks including admission policies, procedures and bed management of residential rehabilitation programs for Rushford.
1. Complete Admission phone-screen, demographic and scheduling information utilizing the scripted conversation to convert caller to a scheduled admission.
2. Process direct referrals from professionals paying close attention to medical acuity, psychiatric stability and prescribed medications.
3. Identify clients who need clinical screening prior to admission. Gather information as requested for review.
4. Obtain and verify third party payor eligibility/benefits.
5. Educate all callers and utilize all financial options to fund their treatment investment to convert to an admission.
6. Schedule admissions for adult and adolescent clients in coordination with other admission staff to ensure effective and efficient admission to program.
7. Conduct facility tours, welcoming clients and families, utilizing customer service skills learned through internal and external trainings.
8. Ensure admission is complete by following checklists for accuracy while displaying empathy, dignity and respect to the client and their families.
9. Participates in H3W workgroup as assigned.
10. Perform additional responsibilities and /or special projects as assigned by supervisor.
11. Adhere to Rushford policies and procedures.
As a Hartford HealthCare entity, Rushford provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits package consisting of:
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.