Mansfield Center, CT
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Natchaug Hospital is Eastern Connecticut’s leading provider for children, adolescents and adults with mental illness and substance abuse addictions. We offer a variety of programs including inpatient and outpatient behavioral health, residential treatment for court-involved teenage girls, geriatric services, clinical day treatment schools and chemical dependency services. Through our multi-site network of care, we constantly strive to meet its mission in helping people find their way while educating and empowering individuals to participate in their own care and recovery.
Provides maintenance services and support for the Hospital, school programs, grounds, equipment, vehicles, furnishings, and fixtures. Maintains the physical environment to support client care and professional staff. Uses hand tools, power equipment, chemicals and supplies in a safe manner to complete daily routine.
• Prior maintenance or plant operations, experience required, health care setting preferred.
• Ability to safely operate small power tools and mowing equipment
• Valid Connecticut Driver's License.
• Requires basic knowledge of construction trades including painting, HVAC and plumbing.
• Must be physically able to complete work assigned in extremes of boiler room heat, summer/winter weather.
• Must understand housekeeping and be able to perform functions as needed.
• Ability to read, write and speak English and to follow oral and written directions including comprehension of operating and maintenance manuals
• Must be able to work with others, understand work orders, and safety repairs, and follow through on assigned tasks.
We take great care of careers.
Hartford Healthcare provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits package and all the benefits of working with a top notch organization:
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.