Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 4:30pm
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is one of the largest medical practices in New England with multiple locations throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island. We consist of a team of professionals ranging from Medical Assistants to Physician Assistants and everything in between. Our physician led medical group enjoys an excellent reputation with patients and the medical community, offering primary care, urgent care and more than 30 different specialties.
HHCMG Thoracic Surgery division is seeking an experienced, innovative and highly motivated nurse to help build and manage a new pulmonary nodule clinic. Thoracic Surgery team is built of 4 MD’s, 4 PA’s, 2 RNs. This new clinic is designed to capture incidental lung nodules and streamline care for patients and decrease mortality of lung cancer. This will be a position that collaborates with the thoracic team, as well as pulmonology, oncology, radiation oncology, and radiology. Nurse will help facilitate patient intake and follow up, schedule consultations, provide patient education and manage work queues. Duties will also include helping Thoracic RNs in daily duties.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Run reports to identify incidental pulmonary nodules who do not have PCPs
- Work in conjunction with Physician Assistant to triage consultations
- Be first point of contact for patients to set up consultations
- Manage consultation work queue
- Ensure patients have appropriate follow up scheduled
- Provide education to patients on incidental pulmonary nodules, pre/post op instructions
- Order & follow up on diagnostic tests
- Maintain relationships with Oncology Nurse Navigators and Pulmonology, Radiology
- Help build a multidisciplinary clinic for incidental nodules, help coordinate meetings
- Community outreach & marketing to bring awareness to program
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.