Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Psychiatrist Opportunity for Rivereast, Vernon PHP, IOP and Suboxone
Provide psychiatric services for adult and young adult patients for the partial hospitalization program, intensive outpatient program, and Suboxone clinic.
· Provide direct patient services including diagnostic admission evaluations, psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy, as appropriate.
· Performs Medication Assisted Treatment for opiate dependent patients. Monitors Suboxone maintenance patients in the outpatient clinic.
· Works within a multi-disciplinary treatment team and may act as a clinical team leader for the coordination and supervision of care provided across clinical disciplines, including providing guidance and leadership to other clinicians on the team in formulating and implementing the treatment plan.
· Completes timely documentation of assessments, clinical interventions and discharge summaries and updates records as specified in medical staff regulations.
· Monitor risk indicators and take action to address risk management issues in a timely manner to ensure client, staff and visitor safety, and to safeguard the Hospital from adverse events. Includes consultation with peers and acting as a resource/consultant to other members of the treatment team.
· Adheres to prescribing practices that are safe and evidence based. Obtains appropriate and informed consent for medications trials prior to prescribing.
· Acts as liaison and communicates effectively with outside providers, primary care physicians, schools and family members as needed.
· As assigned at Windham Community Memorial Hospital, will provide rotational coverage to ensure continuity of psychiatric coverage/consultation services during, day time hours, nights, weekends, vacations and holidays. Provide supervision to selected non-physician health professionals.
· Participates in Medical Staff and Quality Committees as specified in Medical Staff regulations.
· Experience in evaluation services, experience with a multidisciplinary team treatment model.
· Board Certified or Board Eligible psychiatrist if within five years of residency
· State of CT, Department of Public Health medical license; DEA; CCSR
· Buprenorphine waiver