Hartford HealthCare Rehabilitation Network
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Bachelor of Science in one of the following areas preferred: Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, Athletic Training, Recreation and Leisure, Kinesiology, Recreation Management, Health Promotion, Movement and Sport Studies, Health Administration or Sports Management.
• Previous related experience preferred.
• Required Certifications: Life Guard Training, Standard First Aid, CPR - for the professional rescuer and personal training certification from one of the following organizations: ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine), NSCA (National Strength and Conditioning Association), AFAA (Aerobic Fitness Association of America), ACE (American Council of Exercise) or NATA (National Athletic Training Association) certification.
• Recommended Certifications in one or more of the following: Aerobics, Step Aerobics, Water Aerobics, Kick Boxing, Senior Fitness Instructor, Theraball, Pilates, Yoga, Tai Chi, Self Defense, Water Safety Instructor (WSI) or any other type of exercise.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
• Demonstrated internships with accumulated hours and previous experience in fitness/exercise programs required.
Physical requirements for the Fitness Specialist position:
• Push and/or lift up to 75# (dumbbells)
• Lead exercise classes including: physioball training, ab training, free weights (3-10#), plyometric training, speed training, aerobics, balance training, etc.
• Personal Training of members - spotting of free weights
• Vacuum and mop floors PRN
• Clean Exercise Equipment
• Proper mechanics for lifting
• Move cardiovascular exercise equipment when cleaning floors
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.