St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies,
procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
• Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and
communicates patient condition as appropriate.
• Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient
• Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
• Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members
of the healthcare team.
• Other Duties as assigned
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to assess patients and to
identify physical, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and age-related needs in
order to provide individualized care to the patient.
• Delegates aspects of care to other nursing personnel consistent with their
level of education and expertise in order to meet patients' needs and to
maximize staff performance.
• Participates in daily interdisciplinary patient rounds. Demonstrates knowledge
of patients' condition and is able to provide appropriate input to meet desired
outcomes for the appropriate patient population.
• Reflects ANA Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice (2015), ANA Code of
Ethics (2015), and ANA Social Policy Statement (2015).
• Develops, implements and revises individualized plans of care.
• Participates in activities for professional growth and development outside of
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Required Credential(s):
• Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Connecticut Department of
Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• One or more of the following:
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained
within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Associate degree required, BSN preferred and Two years of Medical-Surgical
experience Critical Care experience preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.