Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals as well as a Level I trauma center. Hartford Hospital is on the cutting edge of technology & medical care and is home to the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. Housing the Northeast’s largest robotic surgery center, committed to becoming the best in the country for patient safety and is pursuing that goal by taking innovative action and creating a culture of safety at every level within the organization.
The Cardiac Catheterization lab at Hartford Hospital is comprised of four suites, two monitoring rooms, two scrub areas, a supply room and a holding area.
There are approximately 5,000 diagnostic cardiac caths done per year and of these, 1,500 become interventions. Hartford Hospital’s operating room provides 24-hour backup in the event that open-heart surgery is needed.
This Cardiovascular specialist maintains and operates monitoring equipment, cardiac hemodynamic and radiological equipment in invasive cardiovascular procedures to assist the physician in determining cardiac diagnosis and treatment. Provides support before, during and after surgical device procedures. Reports to the Manager.
They include performance of a variety of complex cardiac catheterization procedures. Must be familiar with running hemodynamic monitoring, inventory maintenance, and arrhythmic recognition.
• High school required, Bachelor's Degree in Health Care field preferred.
• Graduate of Certified Cardiovascular Technician program or of Certified Electrophysiology program preferred. Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS), or Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES) preferred.
• Certification Examination for Competency in Cardiac Electrophysiology for the Allied Professional from the International Board of Heart Rhythm Examiners (formerly NASPExAM) preferred.
• Previous experience in ICU, ER, OR, Arrhythmia Services, Respiratory Care or Radiology required.
• CPR certified required.
• Certification exam in RCES or Competency in Cardiac Electrophysiology from the Heart Rhythm Examiners required within four years of employment when working in the Electrophysiology lab
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.