Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization.
With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.
- Reports to an ITS Group Lead or ITS Manager.
- Provide application and technical information system support.
- Designs, analyzes, builds, tests, trains and supports assigned applications.
- Identify application/process design issues or conflicts and assist with the resolution.
- "On Call" responsibilities as required.
- Builds and maintains assigned applications and interfaces.
- Participates in test script development and execution.
- Conducts testing for assigned applications.
- Coordinates vendor support for functional and technical support of applications, interfaces and equipment.
- Participates in training and development of staff and users as assigned.
- Provides customer response and updates according to current policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Attends all mandatory education and training programs (including department specific) and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety and regulatory compliance as well as department safety and specific job-related hazards.
- Follows the hospital exposure control plans/bloodborne and airborne pathogens.
- Attire is professional, neat, clean, and appropriate for the work environment, according to the HHC and/or Department Appearance Policy and a high standard of personal cleanliness is maintained.
- Reports to work on time and meets acceptable standard for attendance, based upon the department attendance policy.
- Communicates messages clearly and concisely.
REQUIREMENTS AND SPECIFICATIONS
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
Four - six (4 - 6) years of related experience, healthcare experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements:
- Work experience may substitute for minimum education requirement.
- Due to sensitive security and financial responsibilities, must successfully pass Credit/Financial screenings.
- Working knowledge of state and federal health care information technology laws and regulations.
- Working knowledge of general information technology policies and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to operate various office machines including printers, computers and various software packages.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Analytical skills.
- Project management skills.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Prioritization skills.
- Process improvement and quality skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Organization skills.
- Ability to train others.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion and sound judgment.
- Must be willing to learn new technologies and techniques.
- Must be willing and able to come to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Travel to Hartford Healthcare sites within 30 miles of Hartford will be required occasionally.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.