Institute of Living
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Institute of Living, one of the first mental health centers in the U.S., remains one of America’s leading not-for-profit centers for patient care, research and education in the fields of behavioral, psychiatric and addiction disorder. Through our dedicated, experienced and skilled clinicians, we provide patients and their families with the highest quality of personalized care. Programs are offered for children, adolescents and adults struggling with mental illness as well as offering services specializing in Anxiety, Eating Disorders, and Geriatric Services.
Provides Therapeutic Recreation Services to assigned patient caseload that includes evaluation of leisure function and treatment consistent with treatment team goals. Independently evaluates patients, determines treatment approach to be used to identify deficits, and restore and remediate patient's leisure function to maximum independence. Treatment techniques are used to enhance overall leisure functional performance. This position reports to Therapeutic Recreation Coordinator and unit program manager.
• BA or BS Degree in Therapeutic Recreation Services or related field.
• No prior experience necessary.
• Current National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC) or eligibility to sit for the next NCTRC examination. New hires are permitted to take the examination twice. Employed staff must maintain annual certification. If a lapse occurs, must re-certify within 6 months to retain their position.
• Red Cross Lifeguard Training Certificate required in Units/Programs that utilize aquatic programming.
• Ability to facilitate therapeutic groups.
• Demonstrated age-specific competency for assigned population(s).
We take great care of careers.
As a Hartford Healthcare entity, The Hartford Hospital Institute of Living provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits package and all the benefits of working in a thriving centrally located urban community:
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.