Hartford HealthCare at Home
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
where every moment
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network as a Visiting Registered Nurse.
Hartford HealthCare at Home, the largest provider of homecare services in Connecticut, has been fulfilling our mission for more than 115 years. Our Person-Centered Care Model allows our employees to learn and grow within our organization, all while providing integrated support to the patient. As part of Hartford HealthCare, we leverage cutting edge technology to provide quality care in our client’s home. Most importantly, our employees are appreciated for the real differences they make in both the lives of their clients and their clients’ families.
Manages and coordinates the implementation and instruction of clinical software applications. Leads Agency training for clinical systems applications. Works in collaboration with the MIS department to maintain all electronic clinical reference files and the clinical process flows. Responsible for the development, design, and instruction of support reports and manuals and monitors the effectiveness of these tools. Designs new/revised policies and procedures or processes as it impacts clinical applications. Consultant on various projects, which may impact usage or interpretation of clinical applications.
• Responsible to manage and coordinate the implementation and instruction process of clinical software system applications.
• Instructs clinical staff on software upgrades and new application systems.
• Coordinate the initial and ongoing education plans for clinical and office staff (those required to have a working knowledge of the clinical application(s)) with the Education Manger. Provide education for the staff under the direction of the Education Manger.
• Provide technical support for the clinical staff as requested. Based on the support, education programs should be developed to address the trends in knowledge deficits. Communicates with the Clinical Managers about the progress of the clinical staff.
• Responsible for clinical systems application research, design, development and testing.
• Collaborates with the IT and other Departments to ensure all staff are trained. Reports any problems with the software to the Director of Management Information Systems immediately.
• Works to maintain all system clinical reference files and the clinical process flows to ensure consistent functionality, utilization and application of clinical information across assigned branches and users.
• Maintain current knowledge of all Agency clinical software currently in use including future releases. Maintains a working knowledge of the technology currently on the market as it relates to home care clinical information systems.
• Coordinate and interface with appropriate Agency and department personnel to develop, test, implement and integrate new/upgraded clinical information systems.
• Serves as an Agency resource. Develops policies, procedures or processes and guides the impact of regulation as it affects clinical applications and subsequent documentation.
• Supports report development and interface between departments.
• Direct and coordinate the development of clinical reports by acting as a technical resource for the development of reports in coordination with the MIS department. Design and maintain clinical support and operations manuals.
• Coordinate clinical system procedures with Finance, Revenue and Reimbursement personnel to ensure compliance with regulatory and Agency policies and procedures of all clinical software applications.
• Participate in, as requested, user groups and task forces to enhance the clinical information systems.
• Assists in maintaining, in conjunction with the MIS Department, the hardware used by the clinical field staff including communication processes, etc.
• Works with the Performance Improvement Department to initiate and perform audits of data to ensure integrity and confidentiality is maintained. As a result of the audits, work with the appropriate departments to design/modify clinical operational procedures to maintain quality care and improve outcomes.
Education & Training:
Graduate of a National League for Nursing accredited program with a diploma or Associate’s Degree in Nursing. Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing preferred.
Current Connecticut RN license or eligible for RN license in the State of Connecticut.
Three (3) years of clinical nursing experience, preferably with one (1) year of Community Health Nursing.
One (1) year experience in a role that designs, develops, and/or provides staff training on clinical information systems.
Skills: Proficiency in windows applications; including laptops, various office applications, and operating clinical software. Excellent managerial, organizational, teaching, and communication skills are required for this position. Knowledge of current federal and state regulatory requirements for home care.
Other: Valid motor vehicle operators license, reliable personal automobile during business hours, and active automobile insurance coverage in accordance with Agency policy.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.