St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Operates extra-corporeal circulation equipment during procedures requiring artificial support or the temporary replacement of circulatory or respiratory functions.
• Prepares for procedures by performing patient assessment.
• Performs perfusion and other procedures including the monitoring of the patient's anticoagulation, electrolyte, acid-base and blood-gas status throughout procedures and takes appropriate action to resolve imbalances.
• Performs assembly, maintenance, cleaning and calibration of perfusion equipment and maintains adequate supplies.
• Provides proper documentation of assessments, activities, and procedures.
• Transportation of patient on Echo support to outside facility (via ambulance, air flight, etc.)
• Administration of medications, blood components and anesthetic agents via the extracorporeal circuit, T.A.V.R./mini maze S/B, T.E.G. Studies/GEM and INR testing, documentation associated with described duties.
• Anticoagulation and hematologic monitoring/analysis, blood gas and blood chemistry monitoring/analysis.
• Other Duties as assigned
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and a graduate of an accredited school of
• Minimum one year clinical perfusion experience (will consider new graduates).
• Point of Care testing / Board Certified as a C.C.P.
• (Certified Clinical Perfusionist) or eligible to become certified within 2 years
from date of graduation.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.