Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
The Clinical Assistant will work in our 12 Chair Infusion Center; responsible for assisting the medical provider by performing all aspects of medical assisting to include phlebotomy and laboratory testing in a busy medical oncology office/infusion center setting
• Responsible for escorting patients to exam rooms and preparing them for the physician visit and for performing various preliminary portions of visit such as vital signs, weight and specimen collections (phlebotomy).
• Responsible for a full range of administrative support in a medical office setting providing duties from scheduling appointments, calling pharmacies, billing patients and verifying precertification’s for chemotherapy to triaging phone calls from patients, physicians and insurance companies, while maintaining patient and business confidentiality to ensure that the needs of patient are met..
• Assists in maintaining an up-to-date electronic medical record filing system.
• Performs laboratory clerical functions accurately and efficiently for compliance with regulatory agencies.
• Responsible for performing processing of specimens and clerical activities
• Performs laboratory specimen preparation and processing for the following departments: Cytology, Anatomic Pathology, and/or Microbiology
• Assists in the support functions of the department and providers including, but not limited to, data entry, filing, reagent handling and preparation, slide preparation, planting of cultures, and assisting with bone marrow biopsies by setting up the room and assisting the provider in the room during the procedure.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent
• Two (2) to five (5) years preferred of Medical Assistant Experience
• Two (2) to five (5) years Phlebotomy Experience
• Knowledge of medical oncology office practice and infusion
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.