St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Receives and stores product deliveries.
• Receives and stores stock ensuring compliance with Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) guidelines. Enforces First In/First Out (FIFO) procedures in all storage areas.
• Audits product deliveries against invoices.
• Consults with management on product shortages and substitutions.
• Maintains cold and dry storage areas in a sanitary and orderly condition.
• Performs data entry and order placement with vendors including purchase orders.
• Ensures proper safety and sanitary standards are followed and maintained in storerooms and refrigerators.
• Follows department and regulatory standards including hair covering, wearing gloves, dress codes and any other items as required.
• Other Duties as assigned
• High School diploma or equivalent. Must read, write and speak English fluently.
• Purchasing and inventory experience preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.