Institute of Living
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Institute of Living, one of the first mental health centers in the U.S., remains one of America’s leading not-for-profit centers for patient care, research and education in the fields of behavioral, psychiatric and addiction disorder. Through our dedicated, experienced and skilled clinicians, we provide patients and their families with the highest quality of personalized care. Programs are offered for children, adolescents and adults struggling with mental illness as well as offering services specializing in Anxiety, Eating Disorders, and Geriatric Services.
Accountable for using shared life experiences and recovery management techniques to engage, motivate, educate and mentor clients in achieving individualized goals for successful community living. The Recovery Support Specialist provides peer support which is a non-clinical role. This class does not involve treatment, assessment or evaluation activities. The duties are centered on mutuality and sharing common recovery perspective and language with the client. A recovery Support Specialist is expected to act as coach and advocate, promoting the program value of autonomy, diversity and empowerment, with the knowledge and ability to link client to community-based supports and other resources.
• High School diploma or equivalent and registered for Recovery University
• At least 6 months experience as a Recovery Support Specialist Trainee
• Recovery Support Specialist Certification or eligible to be obtained within 6 months of hire
• Knowledge of community support systems and resources
• Wellness Recovery Action Planning and other recovery management techniques
• Knowledge of the principles and procedures of psychiatric rehabilitation
• Considerable interpersonal skill, oral and written communication skills
• Ability to observe and redirect client behavior
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.