St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
The Pharmacy Assistant identifies sources of medications and medication programs for eligible patients. Responsibilities include but, are not limited to the following:
• Prepare and disseminate criteria to be used in obtaining free prescription medications for patients.
• Enrolling patients into our program and determine eligibility based on requirements.
• Communicate with pharmaceutical companies to obtain approvals.
• Process paperwork and maintains computerized patient/program records.
• Demonstrates the ability to staff all Pharmacy Assistant assignments and efficiently completes all associated responsibilities.
• Documentation of all patient and other interactions, processes including patient services.
• Possible inventory management including outdates, reports and communication of current formulary to other agencies.
• Assists (within scope of practice) with patient and staff education resident/student training, peer interviewing, and process improvement.
• Demonstrates a thorough working knowledge of pharmacy systems and processes in order to promote 200% accountability, High Reliability and Relationship Based Care.
License and Certification:
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment