St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Performs routine laboratory tests in various sections of the laboratory under the supervision of a medical technologist/medical laboratory scientist.
• Performs common testing procedures and reports test results.
• Performs instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Performs quality control testing.
• Maintains supplies needed for performance of tests.
• Responsible for training and mentoring of staff and students.
• Maintain continuing education standards and competencies per department policy.
• Actively involved in quality assurance program within the department.
• Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Preferred Credential(s):
• Certified Clinical Laboratory Tech credentialed from the American Society of
• Medical Technology Certificate or Associates Degree in Biology or equivalent
combination of education or experience
• One year previous experience working in a clinical laboratory.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.