St. Vincent's Special Needs Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Provides basic clinical care to clinic patients under the direction of a registered
nurse or physician, functioning within scope of license.
• Contributes to the assessment of patients by collecting data for analysis by a
Registered Nurse (RN).
• Administers medications and observes patients for adverse reactions to
medications or treatments.
• Performs routine laboratory tests and simple therapeutic services.
• Educates patients/families about disease treatment plan including self care
post discharge, holistic health needs, available resources and follow up care.
• Oversee clinical quality initiatives are current; assist with closing care gaps.
• Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional,
psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends and families.
• Maintains safe clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules
• Carries our orders under the direction of the physician.
• Assists in all duties essential to the operational needs of the site.
• Adapts positively to a fast paced challenging environment.
• Assists individuals to meet their physical, emotional, spiritual, development,
health and safety needs.
• Exhibits effective oral, written and electronic skills.
• Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Required Credential(s):
• Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse credentialed from the Connecticut
Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• One or more of the following:
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained
within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
• 5 years of medical office experience preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.