Description Job Schedule:
Per Diem Standard Hours:
1 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Perdiem as needed
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
Position Summary: Provides mammography imaging services.
- Operates X-ray equipment and performs various mammography related procedures. Prepares and positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Explains procedures and educates patients about the role of regular mammography in preventive breast health.
- Develops and evaluates the film for technical quality such as density contrast, definition, and distortion.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Ensures appropriateness of procedure/exam by reviewing orders placed by physician and reviewing prior reports and history.
- Provides clinical training to mammography students.
- Able to perform on adult/geriatric population.
- Able to explain procedures to patients for their safety and comfort during exams and perform other duties as needed.
- Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Licensed Radiology Technician specializing in Mammography credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Mammography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Must be graduate of an accredited radiologic program including mammography. Experience in breast stereotactic localized biopsies preferred. Training on 3 D mammography and Stereotactic Core Biopsy.Work Experience:
One year related experience preferred. New grads considered.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.