Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Join us at Backus Hospital as we live our values every day. As part of Hartford HealthCare we create a better future for healthcare in Connecticut and beyond. By embodying these values we have become nationally respected for patient care and most trusted for personalized coordinated care. Come be part of something special!
For more than 118 years, Backus Hospital has been the primary source of healthcare services for much of Eastern Connecticut. We are home to the only trauma center in New London and Windham counties, and are the only area hospital with LIFE STAR helicopter services. We deliver and coordinate a continuum of high-quality healthcare with the goal of improving the health of our communities.
Under the direction of the Regional Director, Nurse Manager, and Registered Nurses the ED Mental Health Worker will assist in the delivery of care to patients and their family. The ED Mental Health Worker fulfills these duties to contribute to the continuity and quality of care that fosters the best interest and well-being of the patient and family.
• High School diploma or equivalent, advanced degree preferred
• At least one year of acute care experience and/or mental health experience, or Corpsman/Medic or presently enrolled in Registered Nurse Preparation Program having completed one semester of a Medical/Surgical rotation
• Current State of Connecticut EMT certification or current State of Connecticut CNA certification
• Ability to obtain and maintain Basic Life Support (BLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), and Management of Aggressive Behavior (MOAB) certifications within 90 days of hire
• Phlebotomy experience a plus
• Ability to read and understand oral and written instructions, and effectively communicate information. Basic computer skills (including opening/reading email, basic internet use)
• Working knowledge of basic patient care procedures, strong customer service orientation
• Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with patients, departments, employees, physicians and managers
We take great care of careers.
As a Hartford Healthcare entity, The Hartford Hospital Institute of Living provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits package and all the benefits of working in a thriving centrally located urban community:
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.