MidState Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute (HHC CI) is a certified member of the Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) Cancer Alliance. Through the bi-directional collaboration facilitated by this partnership, community providers are better positioned to provide state-of-the-art, evidence-based cancer care to improve the lives of cancer patients. Together, the Hartford Healthcare Cancer Institute and Memorial Sloan Kettering are staying ahead of cancer.
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute focuses on offering our cancer patients an unparalleled network of coordinated services– all under one roof. Our system of care includes a truly integrated team with the most talented, experienced, and compassionate caregivers and physicians, backed by the latest cutting-edge technology.
Registered Nurse (RN) will work in our outpatient Infusion Centers providing holistic, quality nursing care for patients/families and/or others for a patient population within the Infusion Centers. Responsibilities include but, are not limited to the following:
• Demonstrates excellent ability to perform patient assessments, and provide symptom management as well as patient and family education.
• Practices safe administration of chemotherapy/biotherapy, infusions, injections, and transfusions.
• Acts as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide continuity of care throughout various stages of treatment and follow-up including, but not exclusive to: providers, social work, dietician, integrative medicine, pharmacy, navigators, laboratory, radiation therapy, genetics, and clinical research.
• Collaborate with provider offices to schedule patients for infusion visits.
• Triage of patients through use of pathways and collaboration with physicians for toxicities, symptom management and needs for referrals within the RN scope of practice.
• Manage a caseload of patients receiving a variety of infusion and oral therapies on an outpatient basis.
• Demonstrates high level skills to manage complex workload effectively to provide safest, high quality care.
•Demonstrates an excellent ability to communicate through various methods and with various audiences to achieve desired outcome(s).
•Participates and engages in continuous professional development, safety behaviors and focus on the patient experience.
• Current Connecticut RN License
• Current OCN Chemotherapy/Biotherapy card (or within first month of hire)
•BSN strongly preferred
•Two (2) years of Previous Oncology Nursing experience strongly preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.