Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization.
With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.Department Description:
The IS Training Department is a part of the System Support Office, responsible for training and supporting all areas of the system. This includes acute care facilities, behavioral health facilities, and outpatient sites – totaling over 18,000 employees. The IS Training department trains over 400 new hires a month on average in addition to our ongoing implementations. Additionally, they provide at the elbow support to various roles in the system, as well as delivering both instructor led and online training. IS Training is crucial to end user acceptance of new systems as well as the success of each go live.Position Summary:
The Instructional Designer works under the direction of the training director and is responsible for developing and maintaining course curricula and supporting training materials for Epic applications. They will participate during workflow analysis & design and with Subject Matter Experts (business leaders, physicians, nursing, and other ancillary services personnel) to ensure congruity between system design and lessons plans. Responsible for building, testing, and maintaining the training environment, maintaining policy and procedure documentation related to training, conducting training for new staff, and coordinating training for software upgrades and updates. Assists in development and communication of the training schedule. The Instructional Designer will train Credentialed Trainers to assist with classroom training and will be responsible for developing instructional material for customer training courses that support company technical products. They are able to utilize multimedia technology and authoring tools effectively as part of the delivery of education goals. Attention to detail is a critical skill for this position. Successful candidates enjoy helping other users learn and adopt usage of the application. They will work closely with system vendors, consultants, and technical services of any given affiliate to ensure education delivery meets training specifications. Position Responsibilities:
- Accountable for supporting the management of the scope, schedule, and quality of the project within their respective team/area
- Assist in the design of training policies and requirements
- Assists in the development and documentation of internal policies and procedures that will be used in conjunction with the application.
- Actively participates on weekly team meetings to discuss team and project related activities, issues, change, communications, and updates.
- Collaborates and consults as needed with the Program Director, Project Managers and Application Directors to coordinate activities
- Collaborates with Project Managers to create and maintain work plans, issues list, decision lists, risks and status reports
- Supports all project team members with application and information systems knowledge.
- Collaborates with vendor resources; plays an active role in managing the technical build, testing and migration of the system
- Completes specific task activities as documented on the Work Plan.
- Converts traditional courses into online learning modes.
- Develop courses, instructional materials and other electronic instructional information consistent with adult learning theory for delivery through e-learning.
- Executes the delivery of training in preparation for the go-live and beyond
- Follows guidelines for curriculum and/or instructional program development, equipment and implementation.
- Maintains tools and processes to support the effectiveness of the training program; updates training plan as directed to incorporate these learnings.
- Promotes a team atmosphere that is conducive to the overall accomplishment of goals, schedules, and deadlines.
- Support thru the development of role-based certification and/or assessment program
- Supports the development of the training schedule including the coordination of facilities and resources
- Train faculty and staff on technical and pedagogical skills necessary for developing and delivering interactive and engaging e-learning courses.
- Work with the director, other instructional designers, the technical support specialist, faculty and staff on the development of courses for use in the LMS.
- Works with training team to support application specific training curriculums and materials.
- Provides for on-call support once the go-live activities commence and production support is required
- Must attend required Epic training.
The Instructional Designer exhibits the following qualities:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training, and experience in a HealthCare environment required.
- At least five (5) years relevant healthcare experience; experience with adult learning and curriculum delivery preferred
- Ability to attend training and complete certification as assigned. This will require out of state travel to the Epic training facility.
We take great care of careers.
- Proven ability to successfully work in a matrix team environment that presents significant change and tight timeframes
- Conducts themselves according to Hartford Healthcare values: Caring, Excellence, Safety and Integrity
- Are well-respected within the organization and maintains a positive attitude.
- Approach problems constructively by focusing on how to move the project forward, explores and analyzes alternatives.
- Proponent for change and demonstrates a continuous improvement mindset, ingenuity and innovative thinking and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and organizational skills with ability to influence others within their sub-team in addition to the broader program team, while maintaining a strong focus on achieving results.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.