Hartford HealthCare at Home
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
where every moment
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network as a Physical Therapist.
Hartford HealthCare at Home, the largest provider of Home Care services in Connecticut, has been fulfilling our mission for more than 115 years. Our Person-Centered Care Model allows our employees to learn and grow within our organization, all while providing integrated support to the patient. As part of Hartford HealthCare, we leverage cutting edge technology to provide quality care in our client’s home. Most importantly, our employees are appreciated for the real differences they make in both the lives of their clients and their clients’ families.
Responsible for evaluating patient’s level of function and developing an appropriate Physical Therapy care plan under direction of M.D. Implements and coordinates patient care with other Agency personnel and community resources. Delegates appropriate patient care responsibilities to PTA and Home Health Aides and supervises their performance. Responsible for accurate, timely, and proficient clinical and reimbursement documentation.
• Manages a patient caseload on a daily basis.
• Evaluates patient’s level of function and develops appropriate care plan under the direction of a M.D. and in collaboration with the Hospice Interdisciplinary
• Implements plan of care to provide safe, efficient quality care to patients on a daily basis.
• Implements plan of care for hospice patients with appropriate end-of-life goals, with an emphasis on patient safety and patient/caregiver education.
• Evaluates care plan on an on-going basis, revising as necessary in
accordance with patient’s care needs.
• Coordinates patient care with other Agency personnel and community
resources i.e. Community Health Nurse, Hospice Nurse, other therapists, social workers, Home Health Aide services, physicians, etc., in an appropriate and timely manner. Initiates and participates in case conferences and Hospice Interdisciplinary Team meeting as appropriate.
• Works in conjunction with Physical Therapy Assistant daily and delegates
patient care responsibility as appropriate. Communicates with Physical
Therapy Assistant daily and monitors and supervises patient care provided.
• Organizes and prioritizes caseload needs on a daily basis to ensure that
patient care needs, and Agency productivity standards are met.
Keeps Rehab Coordinator informed in a timely manner regarding weekly
caseload and/or patient problems so that patient care and staffing needs are consistently met.
• Demonstrate an understanding of after hour procedures, and educate patients to on-call/after hours coverage.
• Responsible for clinical and reimbursement documentation to reflect Agency policy and procedure and the delivery of quality and safe Home Care.
• Prepares and keeps legible records current, on a daily basis, providing all written information regarding service record, visit and non-visit time, statistical sheets and reports to physicians and other personnel, according to expected time frames.
• Develops written patient care goals and expected outcomes according to
individualized patient care plans, accurately reflecting interventions, in
collaboration with Health Care Team or Hospice Interdisciplinary Team on an
• Updates and submits written physician orders accurately, in a timely manner
according to established timeframes.
• Collects and documents necessary financial and reimbursement information
for each patient and provides verbal and written communication as required,
to Agency personnel and other reimbursement sources.
• Obtains prior authorization for services when indicated by calling payors and requesting and/or providing verbal or written confirmation, in a timely manner within respective established time frames.
• Completes and processes discharge record within 24 hours after last patient
visit, and communicates promptly with other Agency personnel, in an appropriate fashion.
Education & Training:
Graduate of an accredited school with a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Physical Therapy.
License/Certification: Current Connecticut license to practice Physical Therapy.
Experience: Minimum of one (1) year of clinical experience. Three (3) year's preferred.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of Physical Therapy.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to effectively interact with patients, families, physicians and co-workers.
• Ability to deal effectively with stress and ability to exercise independent judgment.
Valid motor vehicle operators license, reliable personal automobile during business hours, and active automobile insurance coverage in accordance with Agency policy.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.