Hartford HealthCare Independence at Home
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Support and oversee the caregiver staff in the field (homemakers, CNAs, PCAs, live ins). Review care plan with caregiver and ensure care plan is actively implemented, assess caregiver skills (uses skills checklist), document oversight of caregiver in IAH software system, deliver supplies to live ins, assist with flu clinics for staff, recommend in-services based in field observations, assist supervisor with yearly skills assessment and in-services, evaluate use of tasks and documentation process including telephony sing in and sign out, review documentation in green journal
Participate in Lean daily management huddles (in-person or virtual), act as a liaison with the management/staff of facilities where our clients reside and communicate feedback obtained from these visits, escalate any concerns immediately to direct supervisor pertaining to observation or learned information of clients, caregivers, office staff, Follow weekly schedule of visits to check on caregiver attendance, job performance and client well-being based on direction of supervisor, perform spot checks to ensure caregivers are arriving on time to their clients and staying their full shifts as we show them to be scheduled
Perform home visits for all new private clients to observe services and ascertain whether the expected quality of care is provided, Follow weekly schedule of visits to check on caregiver attendance, job performance and client well-being based on direction of supervisor, perform spot checks to ensure caregivers are arriving on time to their clients and staying their full shifts as we show them to be scheduled, prioritize new employees to be seen in field within the first week of hire.
Responsible for carrying a company cell phone so that you may be reached for any emergencies where a fill in caregiver is needed for a client, check voicemail messages regularly and in a timely fashion, case conference with supervisors.
Compassion for the clients, straight forward communication skills,
common sense, polite and professional phone manner and a dedication to the
company vision, observational skills, strong verbal and written communication
skills, time management skills, attention to detail, and ability to evaluate
caregiver performance, ability to adapt to last minute schedule changes.
Hartford HealthCare Independence at Home offers a team-oriented structure and an excellent benefits package.
Medical and dental benefits
· 5 years working as a CNA in the community with at least 1 year in homecare
· Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements:
Be a reliable and effective team player
• Skilled in all types of equipment ex. gait belt, slide board, Hoyer lift, Sara lift, Sarita lift, leg bags, ostomy, etc.
• Ability to use computer software program for organization and cell phone
• Ability to be self-directed, organized, and schedule day based on travel requirements
• Participate in all new trainings
• Represent the company in a positive and professional manner
• Develop a working knowledge of company policies and procedures, services provided, and overall philosophy of the company. Use all available training tools for this purpose including training documents, company websites, or one on one training
· Candidates must have CURRENT and VALID Driver’s License in good standing along with reliable transportation and proof of auto insurance.
· Computer skills required