St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Assists with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a
• Assists with treatments ordered by physician as supervised by physician or
registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
• Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients'
charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
• Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining
records, and filing.
• Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and
stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
• Responsible for performing such duties as phlebotomy, patient scheduling,
EKG's, collection of specimens, taking vital signs and assisting physicians or
other providers under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse.
• Assists with clerical functions to facilitate departmental operations including
answering phone and scheduling patients and processing orders.
• Responsible for maintenance of supplies, equipment, stocking exam rooms
and monitoring environment.
• Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Required Credential(s):
• One or more of the following:
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained
within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Preferred Credential(s):
• Certified Medical Assistant.Will consider graduate of Medical Assistant
Program or similar type program such as Multi-Skilled Assistant in lieu of
Certified Medical Assistant
• Completion of Medical Assistant program preferred.
• 1 year experience as Medical Assistant preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.