St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 25,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Provides distributive pharmacy services and technical support for the
• Refills and maintains automated dispensing systems.
• Prepares orders and maintains inventory for the pharmacy department.
• Repackages bulk medications.
• Receives and stores incoming supplies.
• Demonstrates the ability to staff all Technician assignments and efficiently
completes all associates responsibilities.
• Assists (within scope of practice) with patient and staff education,
resident/student training, peer interviewing and coaching, process
improvement, and discharge prescriptions.
• Demonstrates a thorough working knowledge of pharmacy systems and
processes in order to promote 200% accountability, High Reliability and
Relationship Based Care.
• All other responsibilities as assigned by Pharmacy Executive Director,
Pharmacy Managers, Pharmacy Supervisor or Pharmacists on Duty.
• Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Required Credential(s):
• Certified Pharmacy Tech credentialed from the Pharmacy Technician
Certification Board (PTCB) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or
job transfer date.
• Registered Pharmacy Tech credentialed from the Connecticut Department of
Consumer Protection obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job
• Hospital or Retail experience preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.