Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Digestive Health Center at Hartford Hospital offers patients the widest range of services in the region for gastrointestinal tract disorders. By integrating specialists across multiple disciplines, all focusing on disorders related to digestive health, we are able to provide enhanced, personalized, coordinated care to our patients. Our highly skilled physicians have advanced sub-specialty training and are backed by a full team of interdisciplinary medical and surgical specialists. Collaboratively, these providers offer the most current, innovative and advanced techniques for diagnosing and treating even the most difficult cases.Job Description
The Nurse Navigator is responsible for coordinating the individualized care of patients throughout the continuum of care services for patients with digestive health issues in order to increase and assure timely access to healthcare services.
• Serves as a member of the multidisciplinary care team, functioning as a patient advocate, educator, key point of contact and liaison between the patient and all other appropriate services.
• Navigates patients through the continuum to eliminate barriers to health care and enhancing patient and physician satisfaction.
• Functions as a collaborating member of the health care team, but also must be able to act independently to assess patient and physician needs to ensure appropriate handoffs so that patients receive services promptly and efficiently.
• Applies the nursing process as appropriate within the context of the organization’s framework for professional practice and in accordance with guidelines established by the team.
• Participate as need in community education outreach programs/workshops/seminars/support services
• Ability to effectively and efficiently coordinate, implement and monitor the patient’s process of care, to communicate openly and empathetically with patients and their family members
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with the navigation team and multidisciplinary care team in all aspects of defining and implementing navigation program.
• Ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences including professional staff, patients, community, media and other service agencies.
CT RN license required. BS in Nursing preferred.
Minimum 5 years clinical nursing experience preferred.
Demonstrates use of clinical skills and expertise in the area of diagnosis, treatment, and psychosocial impact of disease.
Demonstrates excellent customer service skills including superior telephonic communications skills with the ability to comprehensively assess patient’s physical and psychosocial status as well as conduct complex medical history discussions over the telephone.
Knowledge of adult learning competencies and patient teaching skills. Demonstrated management skills reflecting self-motivation, initiative and fiscal responsibility.
Tolerance of ambiguity and the flexibility to respond to changing system needs.
Demonstrates a commitment to own professional growth and competency.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.